What a week! It’s all been a blur. I ended up getting a rotten cold and it took all I had just to keep everybody fed, dressed and to school on time. What is it about a silly little cold that can just bring you to your knees? Too bad I hadn’t known it was coming. I could have made another one of these breakfast casseroles and had it all cut up in the fridge so that I wouldn’t have to deal with making breakfast. But I think I’ve finally emerged from the other side and can finally sit down at my laptop and share this with you.
You can add the quinoa in here uncooked and it will sink to the bottom and end up forming sort of a bottom crust. It’s all done cooking when the eggs are set and the edges are starting to brown a little.
This recipe was featured on Slow Cooker From Scratch!
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed well and uncooked
- 1½ cups milk (I used 2%)
- 6 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup frozen cut leaf spinach (or use a handful of fresh!)
- ¾ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup shredded cheese (colby, monterey jack, cheddar, etc.)
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a mixing bowl whisk 6 eggs until beaten. Add quinoa, milk, salt and pepper and whisk until combined.
- Gently mix in spinach, tomatoes and ½ cup shredded cheese
- Spray crock well with nonstick spray
- Add egg and quinoa mixture to crock
- Top with Parmesan cheese
- Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours until eggs are set and edges are lightly browned