Welcome to Crockpot Buffalo Chicken week! This is part three of a three part series…make Buffalo Chicken in the slow cooker once and use it to make three meals!
This may be the last meal I’m sharing in this series but it’s certainly not least. In fact it may be the meal my whole inspiration was built around. My very first time to try anything buffalo chicken was not all that long ago when a delicious little food shop opened up near my house. They specialize in tacos, wraps and burgers and it’s possible that I alone keep them in business. I could seriously eat there every day and have tried several things on the menu. But my favorite… Buffalo Chicken Wraps! But given they are not open for dinner on Sunday I needed a back-up plan! Creating my own version at home was the only way to go!
If you missed the original recipe for the buffalo chicken then make sure you check it out here! It’s super easy to make and will take you through a whole week of delicious meals! Or if you don’t want to eat it all at once then it will also freeze very well to use later!
This wrap is so easy to put together and is packed with all those traditional buffalo chicken flavor parings like shredded carrots and chopped celery. Not to mention I like to make it so that it’s practically dripping with blue cheese dressing. But that’s just me and I could probably drink the stuff by the gallon. You could just as easily use ranch dressing if that’s more your thing.
- 4 large burrito sized tortillas (10-12 inches)
- 2-3 cups leftover buffalo chicken
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2-4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 strips cooked bacon
- ¼ cup blue cheese dressing (or ranch)
- Lay one tortilla out on a flat surface
- Spread ½ cup (or a little more) buffalo chicken out in the middle of the tortilla in sort of a rectangle leaving room on either end and the sides for wrapping
- Top with ¼ cup carrots, ¼ of the celery, a piece of romaine, 3 baby tomatoes and one slice of bacon
- Pour a tablespoon of dressing (or more if you like!) over the fillings
- Fold over the shorter ends onto the topping
- Then fold over one of the longer ends and roll it around all the filling and pack it tightly
- Finish rolling until you have a nice burrito shape
- Cut in half on a diagonal to serve
In case you missed it… Part I: Buffalo Chicken Pizza:
And Part II – Buffalo Chicken Salad: